If you are interested in becoming a tutor, first make sure you fulfill the requirements below.
Qualifications for MLC Math Tutors are:
- 3.0 cumulative GPR at time of employment.
- Earned grade of A or B in the class for which you are applying to be a MLC Math Tutor.
- Earned a grade of A or B for any prerequisites for the class for which you are applying to be a MLC Math Tutor.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate at Texas A&M University.
- Be available to work 6 to 20 hours per week.
While in this position, each student assistant will:
- Articulate mathematical thoughts clearly and effectively in written form.
- Think critically and adequately assess other student's work.
- Communicate effectively in a professional setting
- Consider different points of view
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity
- Plan, organize, and prioritize work
For more information, please visit our hiring page
If you would like to apply for a MLC Math Tutor position, click here for the MLC Application form